Section A - Teacher Information
Section B - Your Information
Section C - Teacher of the Year Nomination Narrative
Exemplary St. Vrain Valley Schools Teachers of the Year embody the following 5 characteristics:
- Innovator - Frequently and appropriately challenges "accepted but outdated" methodologies with new approaches
- Goal-Setter - Sets and maintains high standards for learning regardless of class/student knowledge
- Motivator - Demonstrates a real love of teaching in most every lesson
- Subject Matter Expert - Understands and conveys the material taught
- Life Connector - Utilizes real-world examples/current topics in the classroom to emphasize the lesson's importance
Please provide examples of how this teacher exemplifies each of the above award characteristics. Information should include how this nominee impacts students, peers, and the school community. This is your opportunity to let the volunteer review board get to know this teacher the way you do. Please be as detailed as possible! The volunteer review board uses a rubric to score and select the Teacher of the Year for each school. If you do not include examples they will not have a way to score the nominee.
Section D - Teacher of the Year Nomination Criteria
To better help the volunteer review board understand the unique qualifications and exceptional approach to teaching demonstrated by your nominee, please select the TWO best criteria under each trait listed below. Your selections should highlight why this nominee should be Teacher of the Year based on your narrative above.
Thank you for submitting a Teacher of the Year Nomination. PLEASE only press the submit button once. It could take few seconds to record your nomination. You will be taken to a confirmation page and receive a copy of your nomination via the email address you provided.